Tuesday 3 July 2012

Loving the buzz of a deadline....

I love the saying that 'the best diamonds are made under pressure'.....

handmade brooches

....and I believe that a deadline or two is good for my motivation!  I am fortunate to be able to work in my little makeshift office at home have a lot of flexibility when needed but I also know I need something to ensure I just don't fritter the day away playing with beads, threads, fabrics & anything else that might distract me so deadlines certainly have their uses!  I do actually work pretty hard most of the time and fortunately, after years of working in a different, highly pressurised profession, am pretty good at getting my head down and meeting targets!  

The thing I enjoy most about my work now is that much of the time I get to make & create and recently I had a self imposed target to make a range of small crafted items for a local fair to be made in between my other work commitments... and I loved it!  The result was a stash of little crochet brooches, felt hearts and bird brooches, vintage button earrings... and I can't wait to have an excuse to make more!



No comments:

Post a Comment