Wednesday 5 September 2012

Playing with ribbons...

I recently designed a group of 3 projects for 'Creative Beads & Jewellery' Magazine (issue 24) that were created specifically to help demonstrate ways of using the free cover gift of  organza ribbons. The ribbons were in gorgeous summery shades of hot pink, aqua & purple so there was no shortage of inspiration colourwise!  

I really wanted to test how the ribbons would work used in lots of different ways and actually ended up making twice the number of projects needed (which can occasionally happen in the design process when my creative mojo gets carried away!)  I also didn't want the final projects to be too complicated or fiddly because that might simply result in wasting the ribbon but it was still hard to choose just three (a necklace, earrings & bracelet made it into the magazine).

One that didn't get sent through was this little project which would be great for a flower girl or summer party!



The hair band was first wrapped with some of the organza ribbon then I made a couple of pink ribbon roses to compliment the central fabric flower shape & nested pearl.   All the flowers were then attached to the band before being wire wrapped with tiny pink & purple glass pearls.

I hope it's inspired you to play with ribbons - there are so many ways to use them across so many crafts!  I have the band sitting here in my projects drawer now and just wondering who I could give it too...

Happy Making!

No comments:

Post a Comment